4.27.2009

april 27

We woke up to snowmen! I was shocked. Not expecting it at all! In fact I woke up at 2:00 a.m. and saw snow on the rooftops. I asked John to turn the sprinklers off in the morning. We have them going off 2 times a day to water the patches I filled in the bare spots.
All were dry! The new reward - Thumbelina movie (Barbie) for Kaylee. Cars movie for Cade. Kendall didn't care ... Kaylee's princesses are still in her church backpack. I think I might pick up some small candy bars (mini mini ones) ... food - rather sweets - are a HUGE incentive for Cade and Kaylee. Especially Cade, although he is not the one who is wet once a week. He's been dry for the last month. Naps and nightime!
Conner's left ear had nasty crusties from draining all night. Poor baby! Looking at him, you would never know what was going on inside his ears!Busy with laundry. It is amazing how much laundry we all make! It just never seems to stop. I swear I do one load a day, but then I try to get a huge amount done on Saturday or on Monday. It is nice that my older kids do their own laundry (including Kerst; he has been doing it since he was 6 years old. I do help him out though especially since Kendall shares the laundry basket now that he is out of my closet and sleeping in Kerst's room).
While doing laundry, John's final part to his HTPC (Home Theater Personal Computer) was delivered. I hauled the box in and placed it on the floor. It was a decent size box. About 10 inches off of the ground at least. I went back to folding laundry at my dining room table and turned around to find Conner sitting on top of the box! That boy is crazy!!! I wanted to run and grab my camera, but I had to make sure he was safe first. I grabbed my camera to see if he would show me how he did it again, but he didn't cooperate. I think he was mad that I ruined his great accomplishment and refused to perform for the camera.
The kids had at least 4 snowmen today. They LOVE snowmen snowcones!I put Cade to bed for his nap. When he woke up he stood up on his toes on the top bunk to look out our half circle window. Oh the frown on his face. "Snowmen ALL GONE?" He couldn't believe the snow had completely melted by 3:00 when he woke up. I know, crazy huh! 4+ inches gone by about 2:00 in the afternoon! We are to be in the 70's the next couple of days.
We had Sweet and Sour Chicken for dinner. Cade had 2 servings! I was shocked! I think we are having a breakthrough! He is really good at trying new things. It just takes several (many many many) tries before he decides he can tolerate a plate full.
The kids all went to bed. Kaylee first. Cade stayed up to play with Kendall. John put together his HTPC and hooked it up to his "steal of a deal" 52 inch Sony TV he found at Sams (returned due to cracked base ... he got it for more than 1/2 off). That guy of mine!
Maybe sometime I will find time to watch a show on the new TV John found. I'm lucky to go downstairs once a week (usually to get something from the food storage ... speaking of, I need to take an inventory of that ... a new project I will take on in a couple of weeks).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails